What happened today looking at the clouds: Today the clouds stood still because the raygun was broken.


My phone rang as I was about to leave for my last treatment. The radiation therapist said the machine was broken, but they had a team of engineers coming in over the weekend to fix it.
I told myself, ya gotta roll with it. Now I had a three day weekend to heal and rest before my last treatment. I knew I could use the time.
Beanie cap sweat pants guy caught me yesterday as I was putting my shoes on. 
He was leaving as I was arriving.
He admired my socks.
I don’t know how many years I’ve worn Thorlos. Probably since my early running days in the late 70’s back when I was a hash house harrier. I got hooked on them because of their thick absorbent weave, and when you love you love em.’ 
In thousands of miles, I’ve never gotten a blister.
I told beanie cap sweat pants guy they’re one of the most important things you can have crossing the finish line of a marathon.
Turns out beanie cap sweat pants guy was a technical mountain climber and had gotten hooked that way. He rattled off an impressive sounding bunch of names I couldn’t pronounce, much less locate on the map and said how his Thorlos had been to everyone of those places. 
I heard one of the radiation therapists congratulate him on his last day of treatment from inside the lead lined room. 
He gave me an intense gaze and offered me prayer hands. Then he turned and left in silence.
I thought to myself there’s not going to be anything silent about me when I finish this carnival ride. I want a bell to ring! I want people to know I’ve persevered through some crazy shit.
The universe has put some crazy stuff on my path but over the years I’ve learned to trust the universe; not religion, but the universe. 
It’s taken most of the arrows in my quiver to get me through it, but the list of things that’s not going to take me out is growing, and I like that.
I trust the universe because its brought me where I am, not unscathed, but with a nice patina and a rather interesting assortment of cracks that never leave a dull moment.
Current circumstances have really underlined human interdependence.
I’m having this experience, but no way could I chart a course to unravel the menagerie without my fellow humans. We can not overcome alone.
We cannot heal alone.

‘Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like on
Jupiter and Mars.’

F. Sinatra

One can not get to the stars alone.
I’ve participated in the healing arts as the healer and the healed.
Never was I alone. 
The intricacies of healing ❤️‍🩹 take place on several levels and all of them flow through the quantum field. Everything that is not something else is the field.
The field is a medium, like the artist’s canvas where energies mix like colors to restore health.
It’s against this backdrop that the portrait of new me is being created.
I embrace it and go forward knowing I’m never alone.
Thank you for looking in on my journey.
One more day. Monday will be the last day.
🙏

‘You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you are happy.’

Nightbride


Abbey Road London 2018





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today Ithere were no clouds but there was radiation

Tarp Roller's philosophy of life